Egyptians used oil scents in their religious ceremonies These scents originated were gums and resin from trees. These Scents used to create a pleasant smell in atmosphere while rituals were performed.. A variety of plant extracts such as rose and peppermint were soaked in oils. This combination triggered a perfumed unguent. The unguent was then rubbed into the skin.
An unguent is a substance utilized on the skin to soothe or heal wounds, burns, rashes, scrapes, or other skin problems. Also called ointment. Today, we use unguents in good quality aromatherapy perfumed oils. To massage a blends of oils for immediate respite from acute conditions.
In Egypt a sort of perfume was accustomed to embalm the pharaohs. The body from the pharaoh was initially washed, Then the embalmed and dried body could be treated with perfumed oils. The last step was then to wrap our bodies in linen bandages.
Cleopatra, one in the most famous rulers of Egypt was well versed inside creation and use of perfumes. Cleopatra perfected the balms and scents which were available and used them l in pre sex preparations.
The story of Cleopatra and her use from the power of scent is brought for the present day through colossal sculptures, bronzes, paintings, ceramics, gems and perfumes name named in her own honor. She had perfected the use of perfumes to get rid of Julius Caesar and then Mark Anthony
Historian believe Cleopatra created her very own scents. It was published by historians that when Cleopatra sailed to Tarsus in order to meet with her partner Mark Anthony, she perfumed the sails of her barge and fragrant smoke wafted from incense burners aboard her ship for the people who lined the shores to look at this arrival of this magnificent queen's arrival.
Discount perfume is very sought out goods that appeal to a tremendous audience. The variety of scents and delivery system for perfumes is varied. There are balms, spray, splash on perfumes. This variety increases the desire for perfumes. Perfumed items that enhance the feel of skin and the smell of the body are highly valued in each and every culture.
Now for some more valuable information when you purchase your favorite fragrance online!
Eau de WHAT??
Fragrances are classified in line with the level of concentration of perfume oils. The more concentrated, the longer the fragrance lasts:
Eau De Cologne (pronounced Oh De Colone) - 3-5% concentration, lasts up to 2 hours
Eau De Toilette (pronounced Oh De Twalay) - 4-8% concentration, lasts 2 to 4 hours
Eau De Parfum (pronounced Oh De Parfume) - 8-15% concentration, lasts 3 to 5 hours
Pure Parfum/perfume - 15-30% concentration, lasts approximately 6 hours
How to utilize perfume
- A common myth - perfume should NOT be applied on the wrists and rubbed together! This deteriorates, or 'rubs away' the smell!
- The best places for spraying/dabbing perfume will be the pulse points - including the backs with the knee, inside elbow crease, neck, wrists & behind the ears
- Estee Lauder advises to spray your fragrance a number of inches in front of you, then head into it for an all-over perfumed mist
- Carolina Andrina Herrera, daughter of Carolina Herrera (creator with the popular 212) mixes her perfume with almond oil, then rubs into arms, stomach and legs
- Coco Chanel used to apply perfume for the hems with the garments she designed, so that her models made a trail of scent while strutting around the catwalk
- Tip: Layering is the best way to build your perfume stay longer - If you have a fragrance gift set/coffret, try layering the products for a perfectly scented affect. First use the bath/shower gel, then apply the lotion, followed by the matching fragrance. This reinforces the scent & leaves you feeling pampered!
How to keep your perfume
- Most perfumes can last for years if stored correctly
- Perfume must be kept in a very good, dry place and kept out of direct sunlight
- Exposing the bottle to constant sunlight will imbalance the elements, making the perfume ineffective
Shocking Information on fakes
Recently, the quantity of fakes entirely on eBay has significantly reduced due to a huge number of complaints from buyers and trademark owners. However, fakes designer backpacks are still easily on eBay. Counterfeit perfumes & other designer items (bags, clothing etc.) are a huge problem, the producing & selling of these backpacks are ILLEGAL. Even should you OWN a counterfeit product, you're likely to be fined. They mostly are manufactured in China but can come from all of over the world. The brands which are most often replicated include Chanel, Dior, Hugo Boss, Bvlgari, Estee Lauder, Lancome and Giorgio Armani. They contain some horrifying ingredients including goats urine as a stabliser, vodka as being a cheap form of alcohol, and acetyl cederen which causes contact dermatitis.
These products are not only detrimental to our health, but counterfeit items are proven to be directly connected to drugs, child pornography, organised crimes and prostitution. The sales of these items support sweat shops.
How can I determine if its a fake?
These days, its extremely hard to tell a fake by looking at it due to technical advances in digital printing.
- If you're unsure a good item, ask the seller if they offer a full cash back guarantee including postage. If the vendor refuses, the product is most likely dodgy. A seller that is confident that their product is authentic might have no problem guaranteeing this.
- Look at the other things they are selling and what they've previously sold, it is possible to pattern of selling just one single particular brand or fragrance?
- Look at the prices - if the owner has continually sold designer fragrances much below the RRP, this is very suspicious.
- Once you receive your product, go on it to Myer or David Jones and also have it authenticated.
- Check the feedback from the seller, when they have any negative feedback stating 'counterfeit' or 'fake', steer clear!
- Once you receive your discount perfume, be aware of signs like overall quality from the product, whether its cheap looking quality than it probably is! If you observe any skin irritation & the smell disappears or becomes pugnant very quickly, they are sure signs and symptoms of a fake. Also be aware of floaties within the bottle & excessive oiliness.